9:39 PM

The Daily Fozzy Method

I only trade daily charts and only EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY and USD/CHF. Why these? Primarily because these are the only ones I have backtested and have been trading for the last 3 months. I also tend not to trade Monday mornings (Australian time) as prices sometimes gap over the weekend. However, this is discretionary.

On each chart I have an 8 period RSI. I also have an 8 period MA of the RSI and Bollinger Bands with a 20 period setting, also on the RSI.

Long Entries: RSI must be below the middle Bollinger Band. Enter long on the open of the next bar after the MA has crossed above the RSI.
Short entries: RSI must be above the middle Bollinger Band. Enter when MA crosses below RSI.

Stop loss is the low/high of the previous bar. I move S/L to break even if the price moves greater than 40 pips in my direction. After the initial 40 pip move I use a trailing stop for exits (25 pips).

I only look at the charts once per day, just before 0.00 GMT. This way I know which pairs are approaching my set-up. I then place trades if my criteria has been met. That's it. A simple system that seems to work for me. Looking at charts all day does not suit me as I have a real job and I'm not in a convenient timezone. 10 minutes a day is all I need. This method provides a limited number of trades but the trades can last anywhere from 1 day to numerous days. There can also be days on end with no trades. I have found that the secret is have patience. I also have come to believe those who say longer timeframes are easier, especially for newbies.

0 comments:

Forex Trading Systems: DIMONX6 + FORMULA 171322182723 Why would you pay a monthly fee to companies for forex trading signals when you can finally create them by yourself with our two forex advanced trading signal systems.